Monday 8 October 2012

HANPHONE, SMARTPHONE OR WITHOUT HANDPHONE AT ALL..


Look at cellular devices for instance. It’s become more than just a tool used for chatting; it’s become something we rely heavily upon. With most phones, users can add up to 300 contacts, browse the net, store vital information and remind themselves of important dates such as anniversaries and birthdays, all while listening to the built-in MP3 player. Things can come to a point where it’s more than a cell phone; it can become something similar to a companion. Some people store their entire lives into a cell phone and are in a state of total turmoil when the small piece of equipment is misplaced or accidentally gets some liquid spilled over it.

We may never know how important it is to know a telephone number or two by heart (like people did in previous decades) until our battery dies and we’re stranded somewhere in unfamiliar territory. Just imagine that!!.

As for myself, during my diploma in 2000, i don’t have an handphone at all. At that point of time, most of my friend, have a handphone. Just wondering, handphone was a necessity or lavish things for 18years teenagers? I’m ok with no handphone. Nobody can trace me unless some of them called my friend numbers and i’m good in memorize friend numbers. That for sure.. i’m sure, at that point of time, handphone was a trend not a necessity.

Time flies... after i started my first job in Ambank in 2003, i got my 1st handphone. Nokia brand. Most of my colleagues have a high-tech phone. Built in camera and MP3 and colourful screen. And the best part is, my 10 years old niece asking me to brought her handphone!! And i answered her back, why do you want handphone? My niece said that, everyone in the schools have and handphone. I’m shocked and lastly, i said to her, do you know that, when I was 10 years old, i didn’t even think to have an handphone.. but after a while, because of sympathy, I told to my niece  “you can have mine and i will buy a new for me”. She was delighted even though it was just normal phone. No built in camera, no MP3 and no colourful screen. I wondering, handphone, are becoming a trend or necessity?

And nowadays, handphone are smartphone. Apple, Blackberry and Samsung are now the trends for everyone like us. Herm.. within 10 years, the evolution of handphone to smartphone was change tremendously. after HANDphone and now SMARTphone. In future, _____phone. which is i have no idea what will the next evolution of phones so far. So phones are becoming necessity isn’t it?
 
 
                                          www.google.com.my
 

THINKING AND THINKING........

No comments:

Post a Comment